WARNING: This product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical. For more information, click here.
If you’re wondering how to use a hookah, these simple instructions will help guide you setup your hookah quickly.
What You Need To Setup A Hookah
The basic makeup of a hookah consists of the following parts:
The bowl is where the shisha is placed and it is located at the very top of the hookah. This can be stainless steal, ceramic, Pyrex, porcelain, or clay.
The tray is located directly under the hookah and it is used to catch any loose ash that falls from the burning tobacco or coals.
The Center Piece
The center piece is what connects and holds all the parts together. This could be referred to as the heart of the hookah. This piece is usually made from a metal such as copper, aluminum, brass, or stainless steel.
The vase is the water chamber that holds the water that filters the tobacco smoke before it enters the hose. The water also cools the smoke and prevents it from getting too hot, too quickly. This piece is generally made from glass or acrylic.
The hose is the tube through which the filtered smoke travels just before it is inhaled by the smoker. Plastic or silicone hoses are best. The hose can be made from washable or non-washable materials.
Instructions: How To Use A Hookah
- Place hookah stem (with vase gasket) into the glass vase. The fitting should be airtight.
- Step 2. Place the metal tray over the top of the hookah stem. Depending on your hookah model, the tray may either fit loosely or snap into place. Some smaller hookahs come with affixed trays
- Step 3. Insert hose end with hose gasket into hose port on hookah stem.
- Step 4. If your hookah model comes with an air release valve, unscrew it to make sure there is a ball bearing inside. Screw the valve back on. The air release valve is usually positioned opposite the hose port on the hookah stem.
- Step 5. Check the air flow on your hookah by putting your hand over the top of the hookah stem and sucking in with the hose. There should be little to no air intake. If your hookah model has a check valve, with your hand still on top of the hookah stem, blow through the hose. You should hear air expelled out through the check valve.
- Step 6. Remove the hookah stem from the vase and fill the vase with water. Put the hookah stem back on vase. The stem should be submerged about an inch into the water.
- Step 7. Break up the shisha tobacco as you gently lay it into the clay bowl. You will want to sprinkle it in so that it is loose enough for air to pass through. The shisha tobacco should be filled to the rim of the bowl, but no higher.
- Step 8. If you are using a metal screen, place it on top of the bowl. If you are using foil, wrap the foil over the head so that it fits snugly. Make sure to poke holes into the foil so that air can pass through.
- Step 9. Place the clay bowl on top of the hookah stem with the bowl gasket in between the hookah stem and the bowl. The clay bowl should fit snugly.
- Step 10. Light your coals. If you have instant lighting coals, you can light them with a lighter or match. Other coals will need a stove or a torch. Wait for the coals to become red hot all over before placing them on top of your clay bowl. Break the coals up into smaller pieces and evenly distribute them on your head. Be careful not to add too many coals as your smoke will become harsh.
- Step 11. Inhale on your hose. It may take a minute or two before the hookah is smoking properly. Enjoy!
Now that you learned how to use a hookah, it’s time to move to hookah tobacco. 360 Hookah Tobacco offers 30+ Original Hookah Tobacco flavors made for shisha enthusiasts! Our new newly-released 360 Cosmic Line offers 12 premium flavors that correspond to your horoscope!
FAQ’S: How To Setup A Hookah
If you have any questions on how to setup a hookah, leave your question in the comments below.